Faculty of Agriculture International Conference on Food Security and Hidden Hunger
THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDUFU ALIKE, IKWO -(FUNAI), EBONYI STATE NIGERIA, FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE (FAG), ANNOUNCES HER MAIDEN CONFERENCE 2017
THEME: Hidden Hunger Dynamics: Opportunities and Challenges for meeting the Sustainable Development Goals
VENUE: Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi State, Nigeria (FUNAI)
DATE: 8th -11th October, 2017
TIME: 10am Daily
CHIEF HOST: Prof. Chinedum Uzoma Nwajiuba, Vice Chancellor FUNAI
HOST: Prof. Dr. Johnny Onyema Ogunji, Dean Faculty of Agriculture, FUNAI
Preventing hidden hunger in all its forms is essential for achieving almost all the Sustainable Development Goals. To this end, the Faculty of Agriculture (FAG), Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo, Ebonyi State Nigeria (FUNAI) will convene a conference in FUNAI, 8th -11th October 2017. The overall goal of the conference is to stimulate debate on hidden hunger, improve diets and raise levels of micro-nutrition, assess the implementation of policies and programmes that more effectively address today’s major micro-nutrition challenges, and enhance international cooperation on these challenges. The event will attract a large number of academics, members of the private sector, governments and their agencies, civil society groups, and international donor organizations.
- Food Policy, Food Prices, Livelihoods and Nutritional well-being
- Pregnancy, Child Development and Micronutrient Deficiency
- Climate Change and Micro-nutrition
- Livestock, Fisheries and Micro-Nutrition
- Under-Nutrition, Over-Nutrition, and Hidden Hunger
- Fortification: Bio, Soil and Food
- Policies, Programmes, Plans, Strategies and Intervention Possibilities on Micronutrient Deficiency
- Food Production, Food Quality Assurance and Hidden Hunger
- Nutrition Education, Gender and Hidden Hunger
- Social and Psychological Effects of Hidden Hunger
- Forest Products and Hidden Hunger
- Diet Therapy, Diseases and Micronutrient Deficiency
- Food Safety, Value Chain Support to deliver Healthier Diets
|Prof. Dr. Regina Birner
University of Hohenheim, Germany (Not confirmed)
|Prof. N.E.S Lale
Vice Chancellor University of Port Harcourt (Confirmed)
|Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu
Former Minister of Health, Nigeria (Confirmed)
- Sunday 8th October 2017 – Arrivals / Setting of exhibition stand
- Monday 9th October 2017 – Opening ceremony / Keynote speeches / Lead paper presentation / Technical session
- Tuesday 10th October 2017 – Technical session / Conference tour / Presentation of certificates of participation
- Wednesday 11th October 2017 – Departure
Paper processing/handling = N6, 000
Early Bird Conference Registration (Local) = N10, 000
Early Bird Conference Registration (International) = $100
Late Conference Registration (Local) = N15, 000
Conference Registration (International) = $120
Late registration starts from 25th September, 2017.
* All payments to be made into:
Bank Name: Unity Bank Plc.
Account Name: Faculty of Agriculture FUNAI
Account number: 0026777179
Branch: Abakaliki, Nigeria
Bank Sort code: 215024596
CALL FOR PAPERS / PUBLICATION OPPORTUNIES
- A soft copy of full papers to be presented at the conference should be sent to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com not later than Friday 18th August, 2017 accompanied with scanned evidence of payment of paper processing fee of N 6,000 paid into Faculty of Agriculture FUNAI account number 0026777179 of Unity Bank Plc.
- Full peer review papers of high quality and standard will be published in a book of proceedings which will be provided to all registered participants.
- Papers should not be more than five (5) papers, single line spacing, and font 12 with times new Roman.
- Abstract not to be more than 200 words with a maximum of seven (7) key words.
- Review Papers not to be more than eight (8) pages.
- Original research articles and Review papers are the two acceptable papers
- Paper format for original research article should be; An Abstract followed by an introduction, methodology/ materials and materials and methods, Conclusion/Recommendation and Reference.
- Reference style should be APA 6th
- For review papers, the abstract should precede the paper after the title, listing of authors and their respective afflictions, thereafter, the author is at liberty to decide the section heads or sub-titles within the body of the paper.
- Top quality papers that are aligned with the conference theme will be considered for publication in a high ranked international journal and FUNAI Journal of Science and Technology.
* For further information and enquiries about the conference, please contact:
- Prof (Dr.) Johnny Ogunji
Chairman Central Organizing Committee
Mobile: +234 806 755 8863
- Robert Onyeneke
Secretary Central Planning Committee
Mobile: +234 803 790 2744
ADVERTS / EXHIBITIONS
Back page – N100, 000
Front and back inside pages – N60, 000
Exhibition spot/stand – N10, 000
The following are some hotels located 20-30 minutes drive of the Conference Venue.
Hotel rooms standard and executive price list.
|S/N||NAME OF HOTEL||PHONE NUMBER||STANDARD ROOM||EXECUTIVE ROOM|
|1||Osborn La-Palm Royal Resort Ltd||08137763249 08137352714||₦ 18, 500||₦ 21,500|
|2||Preston Luxury Suites & Hotels||08157156050||₦ 12, 000||₦ 13,000|
|3||ADIG Suites||08067590598 07055749486||₦ 8, 250||₦ 15,000|
|4||Sam Lake Hotels||09090300030||₦ 8, 200||₦ 10, 200|
|5||Salt Lake Hotels||08060395380 07035054602||₦ 8, 200||₦ 10, 200|
|6||Vista Sparkling Hotels||08183689878||₦ 8, 500||₦ 9, 500|
|7||Hotel Geneza||07033328253||₦ 6, 500||₦ 10, 000|
|8||Excels Suites & Lounge Ltd||09080028848 08138813124||₦ 7, 500||₦ 9, 500|
|9||Grace Court Hotels & Suites||08036088293 07032360300||₦ 6,900||₦ 8, 650|
|10||Island Comfort Suites & Hotels||07031059480 08037787171||₦ 5, 500||₦ 6, 250|
|11||De Crown Garden Resort & Hotels Ltd||08067997449||₦ 3, 000||₦ 4, 000|
For Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities Contact:
Dr. Adeolu Adewale