ANNOUNCEMENT OF AE-FUNAI SUG ELECTION PROCESS
This is to inform all students and the University Community that the process for 2017/018 AE-FUNAI SUG Election has commenced. Please find attached the offices for contest and the eligibility criteria for all contestants and possible voters.
Note further that after thorough consideration of Article 6 in the SUG constitution, and to ensure a credible and all inclusive electoral process some of the sections will be suspended and affected sections will be reviewed by the incoming executives and will be in force as amended.
Sale of forms starts on Wednesday 11th April 2018 and ends on Friday 26th April 2018. All payments should be made through the SUG account.
ACCOUNT NAME: FUNAI STUDENTS FORUM
ACCOUNT NO: 1015160259
BANK: ZENITH BANK PLC
Collection of forms with all relevant documents will be at the office of the Dean Student Affairs. The election time table will be released as soon as possible.
Dr Charles Nkem Okolie
Ag. Dean Student Affairs
OFFICES, LEVEL OF STUDY, REQUIRED CGPA, AMOUNT FOR FORM
|1||President||300(4yr Programme and 400(5yr Programme)||4.00||15,000|
|2||Vice President ( Female)||300||3.50||12,000|
|4||Asst General Secretary||200||3.00||8,000|
|6||Director of Information||200||3.00||8,000|
|7||Director of Welfare||200||3.00||8,000|
|8||Director of Finance||200||3.00||8,000|
|9||Director of Socials||300||3.00||8,000|
|10||Director of Sports||200||3.00||8,000|
|11||Director of Transport (Faculty of Engineering)||300||3.50||8,000|
|12||Internal Auditor (Accountancy Dept)||300||3.50||8,000|
|13||Students Senate (Two each faculty)||200 or 300||3.00(200 level) 3.50(300 level)||5,000|
Eligibility for All Contestants
Aside the above criteria on level of study and CGPA, each contestant must meet the following conditions:
- Must be Registered student of FUNAI
- Must show evidence of fee clearance (receipts) of all levels and must have paid all approved charges in the 2017/2018 session including SUG dues.
- Must be of good character (Not a member of any cult group; Must not have been convicted by any court of law or Sanctioned by the Students Disciplinary Committee/Exam Malpractice Committee or have a pending case whatsoever. He or she must pass through Security Checks and duly cleared by the Security Department (Police and SSS)
- Must possess a valid FUNAI ID Card as a bonafide Student.
Eligibility for All Voters
- Evidence of payment of all fees at all levels especially payment of all approved charges in the 2017/2018 session
- Evidence of payment of SUG dues
- Must possess a valid FUNAI ID Card or a clearance Paper from the office of the Dean Student Affairs in the event of loss of ID Card. (Such clearance can only be issued on presentation of evidence of payment for a new Biometric ID Card and a sworn affidavit of loss with police extract.
Dean, Student Affairs………………………… Sign…………………..
( On behalf of the FUNAI SUG Electoral Panel)