Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI) in Ebonyi State of Nigeria was founded on 26th February, 2011. The University under the visionary and dynamic leadership of Distinguished Professor Oyewusi Ibidapo-Obe FAS, FAAS, FTWAS, FNCS, FNIM, OFR aspires to be a world class centre of learning and research that will be reputable nationally and internationally.
- With world class talent, well equipped laboratories, state-of-the art equipment and innovative technologies, our scholars are engaged every day in investigations that offer great promise for scientific advancement and new understanding and solutions to the social and political problems that confront Nigeria in particular and the world in general.
- The University prides itself on offering excellent learning experience for students, informed by up-to-date research and facilitated by a high quality learning environment with multi-media classrooms and modern library.
- Our students are taught by the lecturers who write the textbooks used by other universities in the country.
- Our students are to display enterprise, creativity, independent thinking and intellectual rigour, as well as practical awareness of the professions, industry and business.
- The University offers a competitive pre-degree programme and an integrated foundation year in all academic programmes of the University to prepare prospective students who do not meet the standard entry criteria, for level 100 of relevant degree courses.
- The University Entrepreneurship and Employability Centre (EEC) provides entrepreneurship training and expert business start-up advice to students. EEC also offers training sessions on career related topics such as: CV writing, presentation skills, problem solving skills and psychometric testing.
- The University ICT infrastructure is being transformed to meet the growing needs of students and staff for modern, powerful applications delivered over a fast and reliable network.
- The University is also investing in top quality sports facilities to enable students develop their sporting ability. The University recently hosted the South East University Games with tremendous success.
- The University recently hosted an innovative national conference on oil and gas sponsored by Petroleum Technology and Development Fund (PTDF) and a Research Fair to showcase and celebrate the research and creative activity of members of staff.
|Humanities and Social Sciences||Medicine and Surgery|
|Science and Technology||Engineering|
|Basic Medical Sciences|